Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat Shade Fractured Foil Review and Swatch

I got Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Fractured Foil as a part of my Birthday Haul and I wanted to be able to show you the effect on at least 2-3 shades so that you could get an idea of how it looks.The review I wrote for wise she had a lot of people noticing the nails, so I am finally doing a post on it. Also, NOTDs are the  easiest post because pictures do the actual talking.

When you open the bottle, a whiff of alcohol engulfs you( smells like vodka to me). This alcohol makes the  polish crack. So, try not using it directly on your nails without a base coat otherwise you'll be saying hello to dehydrated nails.





Things to keep in mind while using this(or any other crackle):(I have started sounding like a chemistry textbook, I know!)
  • Your first coat should be your last coat.Two coats don't crack.It will only look like a mound of polish.
  • Your base colour should be absolutely dry.
  • It starts crackling really quickly so cover the whole nail asap.
  • If you smudge your nails by any chance, crackle is all about going around with smudged nails,fun, right?
  • Thin coats crack more than thicker ones.
  • The cracking effect on the cap is actually a plastic film, try not peeling it off(I did.) because its not supposed to be done.(Bah! Now, you tell me.)


Price: USD 6.99 (But the price varies with the place you buy it from) for 11.8ml


The Best thing?It was easy to wipe it off, unlike those glitter polish which want to be stuck to your nails till your very last breath.



Sally Hansen Fractured Foil over Lotus Herbals Strawberry Idea






Over Viviana Outrageous Sky gel creme.


Over Maybelline Coloram Black, 
This is what I am wearing on my nails right now!






________________________________________________________________________________