Saturday, October 08, 2011

Maybelline Colorama 40 Graus & Black- Swatch, Review




Colorama 40 Graus-

Literally, ‘Graus’ means degree in Portuguese, so I am guessing the translation is 40 degrees. Anyway, it is a very, very, very pretty red colour which  dries up quickly and lasts without any chipping for  at least 3 days. I have never been keen on the colour red, personally, I adore pink but I saw this shade and I just had to get it. I saw two shades of red in the Colorama range and this one appealed to me more. The other shade is called paixao, literal translation is ‘passion’.

On the label it says, verniz which means ‘varnish or lacquer’. You will need at least two coats for opacity.

Price- Rs. 85 for 8ml


I didn't clean up after applying!




Colorama Intenso Black-

This one had things written in Spanish. Maybe this different language for different shades has its logic; I haven’t been able to grasp it. Anyway, the label on this says ‘creamy intense black’ in Spanish. Single coat of this shade had nothing intense about it, you will need two coats for sure. I don’t know about the claim of the enamel being creamy since I was definitely not planning to eat it :P

Price: Rs 79 for 8 ml which I think is the best news about this black. Where else will you find a brand that charges less for its black colour?!


This black is very good for nail art background.



Ingredients:
 There is a label on the back with the ingredients but it has been printed in such a small font that I couldn’t read it even after squinting!  One thing that I could make out was some alcohol. One fine day, I will buy that magnifying lens owned by detectives and then I will be able to tell you what else was in it.
 However, on blowing up I was able to make out a few names like Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Citric Acid (Vitamin C) and Silica.



Pros:
  • 8ml for 85! What else do you want?
  • Considering it is from Maybelline, you don’t have to worry about what you’re applying on your nails.
Cons:
  • I think they should increase the font of ingredients a bit.
  • They claim it has a 5-day wear. The only way I will be able to manage it is if I don’t do any of my daily chores.
  • I have not been able to find the range of colours mentioned in the site at one place, not even online.


Final Verdict:
  I have been eyeing the shade Coral Chic for quite some time but it was out of stock. So, that’s a yes!