Saturday, October 27, 2012

Student of the Year - Review

I saw the movie last weekend but because I was editing video as well as editing, re-editing and re-re-editing some html (it's called a job, I am told), I got no time to share my very precious views!( Those who just choked...well, you deserved it! )



Anyway, SOTY is a movie by Karan Johar and I just went to see Siddharth Malhotra because he is so-damn-hot.I went for the morning show because that's the most I can spend on something like SOTY, 

even with Siddharth Malhotra in it. If you have seen High School Musical, then you just need to move a few characters around and turn some guys into girls and tadaaa...it is SOTY.

SOTY is mainly about the two guys; Varun Dhawan and Siddharth Malhotra. Alia is also there to dress up and look cute. Btw, are you also bothered by her thick eyebrows? My room-mate is. She almost seemed determined to take Alia to the nearby salon! Then, there  is Sana Saeed (the girl from KKHH) and well, is that a fake tan that she is sporting?!?

Story: Oh right! There has to be a story in the movie. Well, if it was there, I certainly missed it. All I noticed was people breaking into song and dance sequences for no reason at all. And, there was Rishi Kapoor playing the part of the not-so-straight Dean of the snazzy school.On a more enlightening note, the movie is a love triangle involving a rich I-want-to-be-a-musician- but- my- dad-thinks-I-am a-loser:Varun; I-come-from-middle-class-but-my-middle-class-is-rich-enough-to-afford-a-lot-of-not-so-affordable-brands-and-I-am-also-very-determined-to-make-it-big: Sid and I-come-from-a-rich-but-broken-family-and -like-everyone-else-I-am-also-good-at-heart:Alia. There were bits that were funny but nothing which will cause some turmoil in your heart. I liked the headbands that Alia has worn  ummm..but that doesn't count as story.

For more details, read Wikipedia.


What I'd say? Go see it if you have nothing better to do/ you are extremely bored/ for eye candy/you prefer the there is no  logic in this movie kind of cinema/ the tickets are cheap.