Friday, April 20, 2012

Diana of London 2000 Kisses Lipstick in 08 Brandy - Review and Swatches

The person who named this lipstick 2000 Kisses was trying to fill your mind with a lot of ideas or maybe was just giving an insight but whatever the intention was, Diana of London's 2000 Kisses Lipstick sure  *gives* you a lot of ideas.








What the Company Claims:

An amazing lip product in a liquid form with iridescent, metallic effect, smooth on the lips, this uncommon texture doesn't feel heavy, nor greasy, the finish stays longer for 24 hours allowing perception in every occasion.




My Experience:
This is a very pigmented lipstick; even one swipe is capable of covering up your lips so that only the colour shows up! It comes with a doe-foot applicator. Now, the lipstick claims that it does not transfer while in fact, it does transfer but not in a big way.


 As you can see, the lipstick did turn out to be  waterproof and you will need an oil based cleanser to remove it. It dries matte and  Brandy had a lot of golden shimmer which gave it a metallic finish.It makes the lip lines very prominent so, you might want to use a lip balm underneath but that will reduce its staying power.


Price:  525 INR for 8ml  but most of the online shopping sites have this on discount.




Staying Power:  It survived for 6 hours with a big cup of hot coffee and a meal.

Packaging:  Screw cap with a doe foot applicator.
Fragrance: Well, it smells like a lipstick, I cannot think of any other way to put it!

About the Shade Brandy:
Due to the metallic finish, I think it is ideal for weddings or parties and the staying power will obviate the need for re-application. I don't think this shade or any shade of brown lipstick, in general , looks good on me.




 It took me a longgggggggggggg time and a lot of trials to come up with one decent picture of  this lipstick. The swatch shown above is exactly how it looks in real life and in the picture below, it has not come out as accurate.

I think it looks a bit funny, don't ask me why. This is only the lipsticks, no lip balm underneath.



Pros: 
  • Staying Power.
  • Highly pigmented, people with pigmented lips will love this.
  • Metallic finish makes it ideal for parties.
 Cons:
  • It makes your lip lines prominent. 

My Rating:  9.5/10 ( I am rating this only on its formula and not on the shade)

Btw, 2000 Kisses happens to be a Diana of London's best-seller and  with its staying power, I can surely see why!

Recommendation: If you're looking for a long lasting, highly pigmented  lipsticks and you don't mind matte finish, this will keep you more than  happy. I also think that it shines a bit too much for wearing it during the  day but that's  just my opinion. However, I would like to try the pinks and corals from this range.


PS- I would really like to try the pink which the Blonde model is wearing on Diana of London's 2000 Kisses lipstick page. What do you think?

** Sample but this has not affected my opinion.