Saturday, November 05, 2011

Online Shopping Experience With Snap it today

I was searching for something *which had no relation to shopping* on Google when I saw snap it today on the results page. Google sure knows everything because I left whatever I was doing and went ahead to check out the duty. You know, it is my moral duty to shop and let you know how good the sites are.This site lets you shop with your co-workers. You can shop for make up, skin care, wallets, sunglasses, shoes, etc. Well, here is the home screen:


Click Here to see the names of brands they offer!

Free shipping on orders above 400 INR otherwise a shipping charge of Rs. 30 has to be paid.

My Experience with Snapittoday.com -

This is the first site that I have seen which is selling stuff from Oriflame. Anyway, I just ordered one face pack , Aroma Magic Pearl Gel which was sold out on every other site. I paid using net banking. You can log in using facebook, twitter and your personal or work email. You can also shop without logging in ( I did). Later on, I created an account and even thought I used the same email id, the order was not linked to my account. I wrote them a mail about it. There were 2-3 email ids mentioned and I could not decide which one should I use. Anyway, I got a reply on Monday that they had linked my order with my account and the order was shipped on Monday. So, if you're ordering on Friday, be prepared to wait. I got my order in 4 days and it was wrapped in cardboard sheets. These sheets were wrapped in lots of cello tape and  There was a sample of Fairness Face wash for men. I wish the shopping sites will send me samples that I could use. They are based in Banglore.






Update:They have changed their packaging.They were relatively new when I ordered.


Payment Options: Credit card, Debit card, Net banking and COD( available in limited areas).

Pros:
  • They are new but they do offer quite a variety( taking into consideration that they are new.)
  • I got stuff which was sold out on other sites.Yay!
Cons:
  •   They should improve the packaging of the products
  • Limited COD but to be fair they are still new.
  • They don't pay the Octroi and other such taxes, so you might just end up paying more than the MRP of everything put together!
  • Some of the things which are shown as available on the site are in fact, sold out.