Saturday, April 07, 2012

Diana of London Nail Varnish in Soft Brown Swatch and Review

I wanted to try Diana of London polishes for quite some time but on my past few shopping trips, I would end up picking something random( maybe I should start making a list of polishes I want, that will sort things out). Anyway, I read their description on a shopping site and in the description it said, " Enriched with Vit E and calcium" and I just had to buy it!Also, they were on a  22% discount which helps, right?

Diana of London, has three lines of nail varnishes, City Glamour ( I have got 3 of these), Dazzling  Silver and Gold Dust.









This shade is from City Glamour- 20 Soft Brown. When I had read the name soft brown, I expected it to be a muted brown creme with no shimmer. It definitely turned out to be different from my expectation. When I applied it, I was surprised, in a very good way, mind you! This nail varnish has a very good lasting power and it applied smoothly and dried quickly too. It is also Toluene, Camphor and DBP free.


What you see is 2 coats and no top coat.






Lasting Power: I wore this shade for 4 days and there was only minimal tip wear but then on the fourth evening, I lost my patience and changed it. You see, I am not used to nail varnishes lasting that long on my nails, even the nail polishes/enamels/lacquers which claim to last for a week or 10 days, start wearing out in a major way on 2nd or 3rd day.



Price: 210 INR for 12 ml but it is available on discount at various sites.
At the moment, Med Plus Beauty offers the maximum discount on it ( 22%)

Application, Consistency, etc:  Even coverage in one thick coat. I applied two thin coats because it gives a better control over the brush. It was glossy on its own so I skipped top coat.

With flash.


Pros:
  •  DBP, Toluene and camphor free.
  • Reasonably priced.
  • Lasts long.
  • Vitamin E and calcium enriched.
  • Brush is long so you won't end up wasting much i.e. if you  manage to reach the bottom;)
Cons:
  • Nothing really except you might find availability an issue but online shopping sites have sorted that out. 
  • I would prefer if they mentioned the list of ingredients on the bottle.

Recommendation:  It is definitely worth more than it costs.