Saturday, March 10, 2012

London, Paris, New York , Paan Singh Tomar And Kahaani


London, Paris, New York (2012)


It was a really funny movie. I laughed about how I actually paid to see it, you know? Anyway, most of the movie will come across as a string of random scenes and it all starts making sense in the last 20 minutes or so of the movie. I am a sucker for Rom-Coms however, it fails miserably in the com department. I like how the new movies are much closer to reality than ever before (Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu and now this). 




The first 30 minutes of the movie, they just kept getting into song and dance sequences (needlessly). Hmm, I think they just wanted to get over with *all* the songs before they *actually* moved on to the story. Ali Zafar was intolerable and I used to like him from his 'saali tu maani nahi'  days.

Btw, I saw an interview on Zoom, where Aditi Rao Hyadri was asked," So, you have had the best men. You started with kissing Arunoday, then you moved up to Ranbir Kapoor (and the girl's hand goes up indicating a climbing graph/ peak in the graph) and now, Ali Zafar ( and the hand comes down  and points to Ali Zafar).So, tell us who was the best kisser among them?" LOL.

Oh! and there are scenes with Aditi sporting red lips and she looked absolutely stunning.

Paan Singh Tomar (2012)


 I love stories which are inspired by true life incidents. This is one of them. Even the story's treatment was nice. It's about a man from Chambal who joins the Army and goes into sports just so that he can eat all he wants (there is no food rationing in sports). He starts by running 5000 m but then he moves on to stipple chase when his coach insists on him leaving the 5000m otherwise the coach's son-in-law 's brother would come second and it would, in turn, create problem for coach's daughter. Paan Singh (Irrfan Khan) agrees and moves on. Later, he goes on to win in the International Defence Meet while competing against athletes who are younger than him. Due to the trouble caused by his cousins in his home-town about  his property, he retires from the army.After taking all the legal measures and eventually, failing, he turns into a dacoit when his mother is killed using the butt of a rifle by his cousin.

The movie pays a tribute to the unsung heroes of Indian sports who went unnoticed and their lives ended in pitiable conditions.

If you want to spoil the fun, or whatever is left of it, you can read the full story Here

Kahaani (2012)


I haven't seen it due to lack of company. This and the fact that I have nobody at my disposal to click pictures, do make me want to get married but I have been told that you cannot count on the photography skills, so I assume interest in movies can also be not taken for-granted. Hmm. I have heard trust-worthy people claiming the movie is worth a watch.