Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu - The Movie & What I actually Saw

After the tremendous response (talk about modesty?) on my last post about a movie, I thought I'd write another one and maybe save you some money?



Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu is surprisingly  more about Imran than about  Kareena.When you're watching the  2 hour long  movie, you'll be struck by the thought, OMG! I have seen it somewhere, which you obviously have, Darling!


Imran and Kareena are two strangers, he has lost his job and slave-driven by his parents, he doesn't have the guts to tell them about it and she, well, she is coming out of relationship with a two-timer and is out of job too! They meet at a psychiatrist's clinic, their files get exchanged, they meet up, get drunk and get married in VEGAS!! Remember Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz in What Happens in Vegas??
Most of the movie is going to remind you of something but still I am not saying it is not worth watching!

It was funny at places, sometimes worth an LOL other times a smile. I love that blue dress Kareena wears in the Aunty ji song and those hair pins too! She has managed to look cute throughout the movie. The movie has ups and downs, pace wise. Everyone who is expecting the movie to be a rom com, let me tell you...........there's no real rom worth talking about.

Movie is very similar to real life where happy endings don't really mean everything will fit in place.The movie ends without answering all your questions, hmmm, maybe they're planning a sequel?

My Rating: 3.5/5

You can either go and watch this movie or you can just get the DVDs of What Happens in Vegas, Elizabethtown, When Harry Met Sally and some others and save money! Btw, Ratna Pathak  Shah in middle of an important conversation asks Imran which one of the nail polish shade on her fingers looks better and I could absolutely see myself doing that(Sadly, people with me made the relation too!)