Friday, January 06, 2012

Revlon Nail Enamel 410 Slipper Swatch and Review

Revlon launched Slipper with a bunch of other glitters in 2010. The first time, I noticed it in was 2011, not bad for somebody living in India, I say! Slipper is sparse glitter with hexagonal silver glitter and red and white tiny glitter particles.This is supposed to be used as a top coat and making it opaque on its own is simply out of question.




Price: Rs 130 (USD 2.5 approx) Formaldehyde and Toluene free
In India, you can buy it online on Healthkart  I have not seen it on any other site.


In US, you can buy it at ulta, wallgreens, but why would you want to buy this when you can buy whimsical???!!!



I tried layering it over Lakme True wear Nail Colours Classic Mocha Fizz Brown 501.This is the first polish from Lakme that I have bought in ........a decade or so.





Artificial light.No flash.




Drying Time:The first layer dries quickly but you have to be patient with the second layer onwards; the whole polish, even the base colour became all wet and I had to patiently wait for it to dry up!


Revlon Slipper over L'oreal Resist & Shine Sparkling Ochre:



Artificial Light.No flash.



Finally, Revlon Slipper over Maybelline Colorama Graus(2 coats):
 This is what I wore on New Year, not on New year's eve(mind you!) only to read later on that Deborah Lippmann suggested wearing red for the occasion. I wish there was some gift for guessing the correct colour! Anywayy.... I applied the polish at 2 am in the night/morning, whatever you call it and forgot cleaning up after it so ignore the polish excess, will you?

Sunlight.

Sunlight.Please ignore the smudged nail colour on the fingers!
 
Now, I think I could have done with one more coat of Graus but two coats have stained my nails enough, thank you!*hmmph*


Do tell me if you want to see it layered over some other colour?


And.........enjoy your weekend:)



________________________________________________________________________________