Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Nail Lacquer in Wild Orchid Review

This nail lacquer was a part of my Birthday Haul.I wanted to give it a full 10 day shot hence, the late review.
In the bottle, Wild Orchid looked more of a pink but on the nails it comes out more of a purple(not the deep, rich purple though!).It is quite thick and and the application becomes a bit streaky but it starts looking better on drying up.
It is a bit more dark than the shade you see above.




Lasted on my nails for: 7 days with minimal wear and tear!(yes I did some housework!)
Price: 3.99 USD (2.99 USD at Wallgreens)
Availability: I haven't seen it in India.(But everybody has relatives/friends who either live in US or visit, right?!)


Consistency: Thick
Pigmentation: Superb! One coat covers your nail fully!

Application & Brush: When I first saw the brush, I thought 'What's that?! Did somebody forget trimming it?' I was surprised when it worked fine.It is flattened and wide so you will need less number of strokes but because of the thickness, it takes a little too much of polish.


Finish: Glossy but not very much. You do need a top coat if you want it to shine!

Bottle:Square base and solid glass with a long handle, will sit on your dresser nicely!


Cons:
  • The bottle doesn't say it is 3-Free or anything free, for that matter! 

My Rating: 8.7/10 (Ingredient list? Hello???)