Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oriflame Essentials Moisturising Day Cream Review

This is only the *second*  product ever that I have bought from Oriflame. The first one was some acne zapping liquid which came with a sponge applicator(EPIC FAIL!!!). After using that liquid for about a month I realised, I was only applying alcohol's various versions put together except I was paying a lot of money for a 15ml bottle of spirit! Anyway, winters have made my hands chapped. If you judge me by my hands, I am pretty sure you will think I am a maid by profession which I  absolutely, positively am *not*. I bought this cream to use it on my hands(yes, well, happens, you know.) Now, I am using it on my face and I absolutely love it!!!






Claims:
A fast-absorbing, daily moisturising cream with caring, antimicrobial juniper oil and skin hydrating vitamin E. It helps leaves skin soft, supple and healthy-looking. For all skin types. 






Price: 299 INR( USD 6) for 75ml  ( Buy for 277 INR on snap it today)
Please note: There are two cream with absolutely the same packaging, one is Extra Comfort Cream with Almonds(150 ml) for Dry Skin and the other is Moisturising Day Cream with Juniper (75 ml) and even the buying link of Moisturising Day cream carries a picture of Extra Comfort Cream.


My Experience:
I love this cream! I have never been so happy with a cream before. It gives the right kind of moisturization for my face without making me look like a leaking oil tanker.It has not broken my skin out. It has a mild pleasing smell of Junipers(??) since the label says that! The smell doesn't linger and yes, you can use it beneath your makeup.While applying it on my face, my palms become soft too, so it sort of serves two purpose! I use the cream twice a day(after cleansing) and I have been doing so for more than a month and the 75ml tub will easily see me through mid of January.

Pros:
  • Pleasing smell.
  • Didn't break me out.
  • No greasy feeling after application.
  • Quick absorption.
  • I don't need a lot of quantity for my face and neck, so, it will last for considerable time.
  • No animal testing.(Read more here)
Cons:
  • Availability could be an issue but you can buy it online from Snap It Today.
  • Parabens.
  • Tub packaging.
  • No SPF.
My Rating:9/10 (tube with flip top would have been much better but I 'd still say I love it)


Recommendation:If you have not found your personal favourite, I'd suggest giving this a try!
(In case you are wondering, I have oily and very sensitive skin)