Saturday, January 12, 2013

Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola - Review

I am back to my old ways, which basically means movies over the weekend regardless of which movie is it!
There has not been any hyped release for past few weeks although, I was very surprised by Table No.21. The movie actually had a script and a good one at that! Table No. 21 is the only movie I have seen after reading reviews that didn't make me want to murder the review-er.



Coming back to Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, the movie is a rustic comedy but if you find it comic depends solely on 'what' you find funny.



The movie is about Matru(Imran Khan) who happens to be a JNU (ask any Delhi-wallah if you don't know what JNU is) graduate who works for Harry Mandola(Pankaj Kapur) and has grown up with his daughter Bijlee (Anushka Sharma). Bijlee will soon be getting married to Chaudhari Devi(Shabana Azmi)'s son  mainly for the 'business opportunities' it will bring.

Pankaj Kapur as a guy who is nice when drunk and means all business when sober and Shabana Azmi with her political ambitions in the story over-shadowed everybody else. Other than that, I don't feel like making fun of anything today. No wait! I forgot mentioning the absolutely awesome work that pink buffalo did ;-)



Go watch it unless your kind of funny is Rowdy Rathore- funny. Although, it is nothing life-altering.

My Rating: 3.7/5