Monday, November 05, 2012

Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Anti - Oxidant Berry Review

Maybelline recently launched Baby Lips Lip Balms in color and care range. I got to try Anti-Oxidant Berry from the care range.




Btw, I am running a Maybelline Baby Lips Contest on my Facebook page (Click Here to enter)

What Maybelline claims:

Maybelline New York Baby Lips contains all the goodness your lips will need this season. It contains a 
perfectly balanced blend of superior ingredients such as aloe, honey, a high percentage of shea-butter and a combination of essential vitamins. This innovative lip balm requires only one application to give you instant moisture and protection for up to 8 hours.  The lip balm comes in Care and Color range with 7 different bright colours to lighten up your mood.
 



My Experience:
I really like the packaging of the balms so, I can swivel the stick according to my requirement. The balm claims to last for up to 8 hours but for me, it lasted for 3-4 hours . I was expecting the balm to be pink in colour (because it is berry, no?) but it was surprisingly white. The balm smells like berries but the smell is neither strong nor irritating.





I had been using a lip balm in raspberry before this but if I have to pay 125 INR for a lip balm, I will at least expect it to have some SPF and Maybelline has SPF 20.


Price: INR 125 for 4 gms
Other Variant in Care Range:  Mango Pie


Pros:
  • Convenient packaging. You can just swivel the lip balm up and down according to your need.
  • Contains SPF 20.
  • Fragrance is  neither strong nor annoying.
  • It stayed put even after a cup of coffee.
Cons:
  • Nothing really.

Verdict: 8.5/10. Definitely convenient to carry and I think it is worth the money they are charging for it but I wish it would last for all of 8 hours, it would make life so much easier.


*Sample but my opinion is honest. I make it a point to test every product before writing a review.