Thursday, November 15, 2012

L'Oreal Paris Casting Crème Gloss in Plum 316 - Review

I have quite a history with colouring my hair in some colours which can be described as unusual. When I was asked to try a colour from Casting Crème Gloss from L'Oreal Paris, I chose Plum because it was looking really nice in the sample pictures on their website.









About:
Casting Crème Gloss is a no ammonia hair colourant that gives your hair visible shimmering tones, glossy shine and covers grey.Give your hair a total beauty treatment with Casting Crème Gloss, for glossy rich, natural-looking colour with visible shimmering tones.




How to Use:
You will receive instructions with in the pack but I will still summarise them for you.
  • Mix the colour and developer cream in the bottle.
  • After you have mixed it well, break the tip of the developer cream bottle.
  • Apply petroleum jelly to the hairline to make sure you just colour your hair and not the skin.
  • Start applying colour on the roots using the bottle and then move towards the other end of your hair.
  • On the package, you will find the time required for the colour to develop.
  • After keeping the colour on for sufficient time, wash your hair with warm water and apply the conditioner provided with the colour.
Things You Need to Know:
  • You have to use the whole content provided in the box (except the conditioner) in one go. It is our first instinct to feel that if we are not colouring our hair entirely, we can save some content. Well, I have tried doing that and it won't give you the desired result. 
  • If I am only highlighting my hair, what should I do with the rest of the colour mix? Hmmm...let me know if you figure that one out.
  • Use the gloves which are provided with the box.
  • Vaseline on the hairline helps or you will end up with pink/dark brown/black colour on the hairline.
  • You don't need to wait for your hair to turn grey before you can colour them.
  • The final colour will depend on your hair colour so, it may vary.
  • Any hair-fall because of colouring? No.
  • What about the quality of hair after colouring? I have not noticed any difference, my hair is the way it was before I coloured it.






My Verdict: 9/10 (In terms of hair colour, its quality and not facing any hair-issue after colouring)However,  I was hoping my hair will turn something similar to colour shown on the box, slightly plum-my, you know? But my hair still looks pretty much the way it used to look before colouring....maybe I will try dark brown the next time but I am not sure if it will suit me. Or blonde?(My hair happens to be very black, I know that's not a very helpful description but still! For reference, it is even darker than the black shown on the package.)

L'Oreal Paris India is giving away 20 Casting Crème Gloss on their facebook page for saying "Yes to Colour". You can check it out HERE.