Sunday, March 18, 2012

Organic Surge Volume Boost Shampoo Review

Organic Surge is a UK based brand which makes products from  naturally-derived, intensely nourishing ingredients and deliciously fragrant organic essential oils. Just like your skin, Organic Surge products are 100% free of harsh chemicals – no parabens, sodium lauryl sulphate, no artificial fragrances or colourants and no genetically modified ingredients.






What Organic Surge Claims:
Organic Surge Volume Boost Shampoo for happy-ever-after hair … volume boost shampoo cleanses with natural foaming agents and is free from synthetic silicones that can weigh down fine hair. The caring formula is enriched with comfrey and echinacea plant extracts, a combination recommended by botanists to enhance fine, flyaway hair. Volume boost shampoo gently builds body and strength, leaving your hair feeling lustrous and healthy. 

Ingredients:
Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine (derived from coconut oil), Sodium Coco-Sulfate (derived from coconut oil), Decyl Glucoside (corn starch and coconut oil),Lauryl Glucoside/Stearyl Citrate (cocnut and canola oil), Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Coco-GLucoside, Symphytum Officinale Echinacea Angustifolia (plant extract), Phenoxyethanol/Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Citrus Aurantifolia, Citrus Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Cymbopogon Martinii, Cedrus Atlantica, Mentha Piperita, Ocimum Basilicum, Aqua/Sucrose Laurate/Alcohol, Glycerin (veg), Sodium Chloride, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene.

Meant for: Fine or fly away hair
For those who don't want to read the whole thing:
Yes, the shampoo does give my hair volume and it smells good too.

My Experience:
I have straight hair which doesn't really lack volume but it goes limp just after one day of shampooing! I bought this shampoo on a whim and am I glad or what?! The shampoo smells like a lot like limca and had a pale translucent white colour. The consistency is not thick and if you want to get rid of oils, you will definitely need to use more. It doesn't make my hair dry but there is no skipping the conditioner. This shampoo makes my hair look good and with the help of my L'oreal serum, it stays manageable for 3-4 days with ease.


I have been using this shampoo for more than 2 months and sometimes I wash my hair more than 2 times a week and I still have enough shampoo for 2-3 more washes with my waist length hair!


Price: GBP 5.10  for 250 ml or 625 INR for 250 ml but it is available on various discounts at online shopping portals.
Buy it at Healthkart          Urban Touch  MedPlusBeauty    Good Life (India)
(UK ) Big Green Smile   Organic Surge


Pros:
  • No prabens, SLS, artificial colour  or fragrance.
  • Gives the hair volume.
  • Flip top tube packaging.
  • No animal testing.
Cons:
  • The price won't suit everyone's pocket specially at 625! 
  • Availability is an issue in India.
  • I could not find the Date of manufacture or expiry on my tube.I don't know if it is just me or a general phenomenon.There is something printed on the crimp but totally unreadable.

My Rating: 9.5/10 ( Because of availability issues and lack of expiry date) 

Recommendation: It does give my hair volume but please don't expect it to make your hair look like it has double the volume because that's just impossible.No shampoo can do that! The smell is predominantly of lemon but not strong so you shouldn't have any issues with it.

Will I pay 625 for this?  No. But if I can get it for less than 500, I will buy it for sure. You know, my bit for the nature and all?