Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Lotus Herbals Tea Tree Anti-Pimple & Acne Gel-Review

I have developed an incurable affinity to buying stuff that reads Tea Tree Oil. This product was bought for the same reason AND because it had been sold out a few days ago and I had a lot of trouble in finding it, I ended up buying 3 bottles.Three? I don't know what was wrong with me?!



Claims:
The gel provides broad spectrum anti-microbial activity (sounds nice, right?) to control pimples, acne and blemishes.This light, easily absorbed gel regulates oil producing glands in acne prone skin, thereby retards the process of formation of Pimples and Acne.

Directions:
Apply over cleansed/washed face. Reapply every 3 hours.

The gel is pale yellow in colour.



My Experience:
I used it very religiously and finished up the first bottle in month and a half. On applying it, it felt like a layer of the gel was formed on my face. Initially, I noticed there was some reduction in the number of pimples but not much. My main problem were the scars and there was absolutely  no change in them!I decided to continue with the ointment my dermatologist had prescribed and used this  as a lotion for my face. In that capacity, the gel worked fine. If you want you can wear it beneath your make up. Now, that winter is here, I have stopped using it completely because I felt there was a very stretchy kind of feeling on my face, whenever I applied it! I still have one full bottle and one half bottle left!

Price: 175 INR for 100 gm

Pros:
  • The pump dispenser is very hygienic.
  • Will work if you've very mild case of acne.
  • One bottle lasts a long time.

Cons:
  • No effect on  scars. I feel Lotus Papayablem works much better on scars. 
  • Full list of ingredients is not mentioned.
  • Cannot be used in winters.

Overall rating:
5.5/10 

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Your name in the comment acts as a link so, you don't have to worry about leaving me a http:// something......link.I anyway blog hop a lot and would love to visit you.

Have a great day!