Sunday, December 02, 2012

Two to Tango Three to Jive and More at Hyatt Regency Pune

I got an invitation to see the play, "Two to Tango Three to Jive" by Saurabh Shukla and considering how good an actor he is, I just had to go and see it. The play was about mid-life crisis of Parminder Singh Sethi who is unable to get quality time with his wife Pammi because of responsibilities and tries finding solace in the company of three ladies ( a client at his restaurant, a stranger whom he meets at the park and his wife's best friend). I personally liked the second half of the play better which had Parminder and his wife's best friend arguing over the life in general and their married lives ; it was wittier and stronger than the first. There was a skit before the play about keeping your mobile phone switched off and it was hilarious!





Now, Hyatt Regency had hosted the event in association with Standard Chartered and somebody from the

bank to introduce the Stan C. He said," Standard Chartered has been banking in India for past 150 years". Well....I didn't even know we had banking FOR past 150 years ( Saurabh Shukla later said the same thing).

The cast and the prize distribution.



There was a buffet after the play but as always, I glide through main course in order to move on to desserts.
They had awesome Baklava  and had it not been crowded, I would have considered complimenting the Chef about it!  I wanted to include images of dessert but I have been told if I include anymore photographs of desserts, I will be blocked. So, this time, I took pictures of the cheese display. It was too very appealing to be ignored. However, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't taste any of it because I noticed it after I had stuffed myself of Baklavas.





There was a sponsored lucky draw as well  and because I had noticed a Merc downstairs, I assumed they were giving away the car but the prize was chauffeur driven Merc for the weekend.(The chauffeur to ensure that the car comes back, you know ;) )


Salad never looked this nice!