Thursday, September 15, 2011

Further Under The Duvet - Marian Keyes

This is chick-lit with a difference.This is another book which will make you laugh so hard that you'll start snorting. I have this habit  of reading backwards as in the sequence.So, keeping up with the tradition, I have read Further Under The Duvet before reading Under The Duvet. The book contains autobiographical pieces, some previously published others not. The pieces are mostly quirky, witty and surprisingly, sad in a very humourous way.I don't know how she managed it but I am so happy with the book that I went ahead and ordered Under The Duvet from flipkart.com. What I found very amusing was the way she referred to her husband as Himself  and called herself Myself. It even has some stories related to charities with which she's involved. The name of her husband is Tony Baines but she has quoted incidents when he was referred to as Mr. Keyes.He's comfortable taking a back seat so that Marian can meet her commitments at ease and he has no issues about it.I absolutely loved this part!


My Rating: 7.5/10