Friday, November 11, 2011

Fabindia Lemongrass Facial Spray Review

I was planning to buy this just because I wanted the small spray bottle and I like the smell of lemon. I got it as a free gift from an online shopping site(any guesses??).



What it claims:
Made with lemongrass essential oil, this facial spray has a cooling effect that instantly rejuvenates and refreshes you.



Ingredients:
Purified Water, Polysorbate 20, Glycerine, Phenoxyethanol, Allantoin, Lemongrass Essential Oil.




My Experience:

The liquid is pale yellow in colour and the white layer you see in the picture is the froth formed due to spraying.I spend a lot of time staring at screen and into books and I don’t always feel like getting up and washing my face. I have oily skin which gets greasy even in winters, so this is the perfect solution. However, if you have dry skin, keep away from it in winter as it might make your skin feel dry (but you can use it in summers). I used to keep it 12cms away from my face and spray it but then it would get into my eyes and  it stings!! So, the new strategy is that I spray it from a close distance so, it doesn't get into my eyes.

Price: Rs 150 for 50ml

Pros:
  • Spray bottle which is small and handy. It will fit snugly into the handbag.
  • The fragrance makes you feel really fresh.
  • Obviates the need for washing your face constantly with water.
  • Contains Allantoin( Allantoin is a valuable cell-proliferating healing agent which stimulates healthy tissue formation and has a pronounced keratolytic and skin softening action cleasing up the areas where applied.)


Cons:
  • Stings when it enters your eyes.
  • If you've dry skin, you cannot use this in winter!


Suggestion:
If you don't like using this as a facial spray and you got a similar 'free gift', you can finish it off by using it as foot spray!